Friday, November 20, 2009

Meera Charity Contribution Details




               
















Its taking a longer time to open our association account . In the meantime,I have included info to contribute to Meera's Charity below. Please read carefully and make sure the contribution goes to Meera's ICU care. please email Meera or me for questions.


Prabhakar


MANIPAL EDUCATION & MEDICAL FOUNDATION

                                          1756 North Wilmot Street

                                          Chicago, Illinois  60647


Manipal Education & Medical Foundation is recognized by the United States Internal Revenue Service as an I.R.C. Section 501(c) (3) tax exempt organization.


Applicable for people looking for US tax exemption.

 

2.    US Tax # is 23-7105960

 

 

3.       Bankers

           MB Financial Bank - Routing number 071 001 737.

 

credit: Manipal Education & Medical Fnd. - account # 162 000 7436.

               

Contact Person

Joseph Kure

Private Banking

MB Financial Bank

800 W. Madison

Chicago, IL. 60607

  

The donor cheque can be mailed to above address or direct transfer effected, under advise to our secretary

and Board member-  Nikhil Verma, at the Chicago Address.

 A receipt will be issued from that office, in due course



For Indian transfers :
The funds are to be credited to a/c no 016901000488 of Manipal Foundation with ICICI bank Indranagar,Bangalore. May be transferred via NEFT/IFSC/RTGS. Code is ICIC0000169.

If any one sends money ,I request them to mail  vrinda.raman@manipalgroup.com & inform her that the amount is meant for PICU . They will otherwise use it for other charities. Also please mark a copy to me ramakrishnan13@hotmail.com. This is for me to keep track that the money is being doubled.


About the Photos

The photos were taken at the Aquarium at KL and in Penang in Oct, when I went to visit Malaysia with my father and nephew. My father grew up in Malaysia and came to India after age 14. So it was an emotional trip for him to return to his city of Penang. Nagarajan and Mohanan were the most gracious hosts and it felt so great to travel with Naga for a week and then spend a weekend with Mohanan

In India, Malaysia is often promoted as a shopping place and more importance is given to Singapore. I was pleasantly surprised by the natural beauty of Malaysia and the national parks in Malaysia. It would be a crime not to mention the food in Malaysia. Street hawkers make food 24/7 and Naga the epicurean was always in search of the best street food. My only regret in Penang was that we; Guna(Naga's friend), Naga and myself, could not eat at the Thai food place we went in search of at 2.30 AM. It was closed.

Thanks again Naga and Mohanan.

7 comments:

  1. Prabhooze

    I am so jealous seeing you guys hanging out together and having a blast!

    Nothing feels as good as catching up and taking a step back in time with your dear friends. Thanks for the charity info.

    Ramzan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naga has brought back the blog alive
    Let us all give him a high five
    Just when our blog was giving up the ghost
    He brought it back alive with his post
    Happy Birthday to all the scorpions of our bunch
    Hope your partners did not suffer a lot with the credit crunch
    Meera has just revealed the bank account number
    It’s time for the rest of us to wake up from slumber
    Let us all contribute for this noble cause
    And donate without a pause

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prabhakar

    I have asked my brother to contact you regarding the fund transfer. Hopefully the amount £500.00 should reach the account shortly. Depending on the amount we raise, I will try and send some more if required, (Masam Kadaisi-Month end: credit crunch). Hopefully others have started with their contributions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi RaghuRam,
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
    Yesterday night I had a 1 year old child from Dharmapuri. Severe respiratory distress . I had tried to avoid intubation for about 2 hours. The child had stridor and hence was giving adrenaline nebs and such. In the end had to intubate.
    The family is poor as poor can be. Kind of patient you would see in govt hospitals. The mother was sitting in her haunches and said ,I dont know what to do,(coolie velai,polai na panam illai,Namma kitta vidya u illai padam mu illai.)We are in fact having to support their meals. Have asked the father to go back to work.Not sure what he has,is behaving like brochiolitis obliterans. Too early, will have to work him up properly.Hope he survives. If he does,may all the blessing come to you.
    Thank you ever so much.Will keep you updated. Currently I have close to 14 lakhs that I am working with.
    I hope you meant my cause,because you have sent the comment to Prabhakar. If it was, you are the first.
    warm regards
    Meera

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raghuram & Prabhakar
    I am extremely sorry if I have embarrassed both of you by jumping the gun and assuming the money is for my cause. Should not have replied without confirming. Raguram if it is meant for something else,please ignore my ramblings and don't feel compelled
    regards
    Meera

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meera

    My little contribution was indeed for your cause. God bless you and your family for looking after your patients.

    Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance.

    raghu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks once again
    Meera

    ReplyDelete