Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Pongal from Winter Wonderland















The first time I saw snow I went out with a friend and ran in the snow enjoying the moment. Soon I realised that we had run outside without our shoes on. So over time have learnt many lessons to survive the cold and the snow. But I am always amazed by the snow blizzards which we get about 2 -3 times every winter. The whole city changes from its pulsating activity and turns desolate and beautiful.

These pictures are from the latest storm which dumped about 17 inches of snow over 24 hours. The first picture was taken in the Longwood medical area in Boston in front of Brigham and Women's Hospital. The last photo is in front of our house where my daughter build a snowman.
Let me take this opportunity to wish all the readers a Happy Pongal or Dasara Holidays. Please eat a sugarcane for me.

Prabhakar Devavaram

3 comments:

  1. Happy pongal to you too. Great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year and Happy Pongal to u too



    ramzan

    ReplyDelete
  3. karumbu sapda mudiyalaye prakar!
    sugar vanthiduchey prakar!
    velu kandukka mattengrarey prakar!

    ReplyDelete